In order to enhance Drupal website performance, Trinity Web Support uses a caching mechanism which can affect how soon a change is perceived by your site’s visitors. When you are logged in as an editor, you will see any changes you make immediately.
However, an anonymous user (one who is not logged in) will see a cached version of a page until the cache expires and a new query is made to the database. When you log out you become an anonymous user and will see a cached version of the page which might not show the latest changes.
The cache expiration is currently set to one hour. This means if the cache has just expired, when you make a change it will be about an hour before an anonymous user sees the update. If the cache expired 55 minutes before you make a change, it will be about five more minutes before the an anonymous user sees the update.
Your browser’s cache
In addition to the caching that is done on the website itself, your web browser also caches pages, images, and other content locally on your computer in order to improve speed and performance. In order to ensure that you are seeing the latest version of your content, these instructions for clearing your cache in different browsers and operating systems should be followed. Use the steps for the browser that you use.
Note that if you opt to clear cookies, you will be logged out of any active sessions and you will need to log back in to any sites that have saved your login info in a cookie.
- Internet Explorer
- Safari for Mac
- Safari for PC
- Safari for iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch)
When troubleshooting issues with any site, always exit your browser completely after clearing your cache before attempting to access the site again. In Windows, close all your browser windows; in Mac OS X, quit (Command-q) your browser.
- Select Menu, then More.
- Select Settings.
- Under "Privacy settings", select Clear cache, Clear history, or Clear all cookie data as appropriate, and then OK to accept.
- Click the 3 dots (Mac) or exclamation point (PC) in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Hover over the More Tools option then click Clear Browsing Data...
- Choose The Beginning Of Time or lesser time frame in the "Clear the Following Items From" field.
- Select the items you want to clear (e.g., Browsing history, Download history, Cached images and files, Cookies and other site data).
- Click Clear Browsing Data.
- Click the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Choose Settings.
- Under Clear Browsing Data click Choose What To Clear.
- Select the items you wish to clear (e.g., Browsing History, Cookies and Saves Website Date, Cached Data and Files, Downloaded History and Form Data).
- Click Clear.
- Click the hamburger menu in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Click Preferences (Mac) or Options (PC).
- Click Privacy in the left menu bar.
- Click Clear Your Recent History.
- From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
- Click the down arrow next to "Details" to choose which elements of the history to clear.
- Select Browsing & Download History, Form & Search History, Cookies, Cache and Active Logins
- Click Clear Now.
- Click Tools, and select Delete Browsing History... .
- Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.
- Click Delete.
Safari for Mac
- Click the Safari menu, then Clear History...
- In the Clear field choose All History
- Click Clear History.
Safari for PC
- Click on the Settings (Gear) icon in the upper right corner of the browser..
- Click Reset Safari
- Select the items you wish to clear. (It is recommended to check all items).
- Click Reset.
Mobile Safari for iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)
To clear cache and cookies:
- From the home screen, Select Settings > Safari.
- At the bottom of Safari's settings screen, Select Clear cookies and data or Clear Cookies and Clear Cache.
- Confirm when prompted.
To clear history:
- From the home screen, tap Safari.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the Bookmarks icon.
- In the lower left, tap Clear.
- Tap Clear History.